Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX), a blockchain built for global gaming and e-commerce, has released a new white paper covering the WAX Microservices Layer, which is a full suite of blockchain-based tools and services that allow dApp developers to quickly and easily get their gaming and e-commerce projects up and running.
The white paper describes the WAX Protocol and how it fits within the WAX Platform. The WAX Platform is the combination of both the WAX Protocol and WAX Microservices layer.
Encouraging dApp Development
The developer-friendly WAX Microservices Layer for the WAX Blockchain Platform simplifies dApp creation by eliminating much of the friction associated with creating dApps.
By leveraging the new microservices, developers can quickly and easily build on WAX’s blockchain e-commerce and gaming platform, which is a safe and convenient way to create, buy, sell and trade virtual or physical items with anyone, anywhere in the world.
Further, EOS dApp developers can easily duplicate their dApp onto WAX and immediately gain access to millions of WAX token holders and/or OPSkins customers.
WAX Microservices include:
- WAX Creator: A self-service tool that allows anyone to create a NFT on the WAX Blockchain for free.
- WAX Account (soon WAX Wallet): Similar to a wallet, except that it doesn’t store private keys, and provides more utility than a standard wallet. WAX Wallet, the next iteration of the WAX Account, is coming soon and will offer more features.
- WAX All Access: A single sign-on and OAuth service.
- WAX ExpressTrade: A free, instant peer-to-peer trading service.
- WAX Explorer: Features a user-friendly design, a visual representation of every item traded, and multiple 3D viewing and interactive features.
- WAX Random Number Generator native blockchain service: an open source service that solves problems commonly experienced by dApp developers.
- WAX Marketplace: Create a WAX Marketplace with APIs.
“Building e-commerce dApps on blockchain is difficult and we have a singular focus to make it easy. Our WAX Protocol White Paper shows how we are going to make this a reality. The WAX Protocol is a DPoS blockchain designed to scale in conjunction with a microservice layer that provides specialized infrastructure for building digital goods marketplaces. Our interconnected and highly sophisticated marketplace services come from the team’s 20+ years’ experience building digital goods businesses, including the hugely successful OPSkins.com.”
– William Quigley, CEO of WAX